As lent is in full swing and I’m sure most of you have given up something that you love and enjoy already but ever wondered what the rest of the nation is giving up. Here is the run down of the Top Ten Things that people give up for Lent in Ireland;
- Cigerettes (giving up those 20 a day)
- Alcohol (no more silly behaviour:))
- Swearing (no more outrageous language, model behaviour please :))
- Clothes Shopping (This one is aimed at the ladies)
- Chocolates/Sweets (so long dear friends)
- Takeaways (Why not try some of the recipes we selected for our blog with our premium meat and enjoy a home cooked meal instead)
- Favourite T.V Shows
- Internet (a bit impossibe)
- Spending to much time on the phone
Sometimes people don’t always give up things but take up or add things to their lives for Lent.
Top Things that people take up in Ireland
- Spending more time with family.
- Being good and going to the gym regularly.
- Eating more healthly in general.
- Doing the dishes every night.
- Getting more involved in more charity and community work, sharing the love.
- Having a more positive outlook of life so better stop complaining!
Top Things girls say they will give up but really can’t
- Chocolate, our old friend:)
- Gossiping, against our nature completely:)
- Freaking- out, don’t make us mad!
- Late night texting
- Facebook stalking, no ex boyfriend is safe
- High Heels, what will we wear every Saturday night
- Make-up, we need our war paint at all times
- Cocktails and wine, keep them flowing:)